29.03.2024 00:50:26

Author Topic: Rule 16.  (Read 17896 times)

Offline Naomie Smalls

• The Queen of England.
  • Founder
    • View Profile
  • Donated: COUNTLESH HOUSH OF THANKLESH WOKESH. I RESIGNESH CUZ TOO MUCH WOKESH. WEBSITESH TOO BUSESH
Rule 16.
« on: 26.08.2014 18:30:33 »
We seem to have forgotten about rule 16: Be forgiving. Everyone makes mistakes. Staff should also still follow this rule, everyone has become way too strict.

For example: A new player joins and doesn't know how this game exactly works, accidentally RDMs and without giving him any explanation he immediately gets warn and slain even though he apologized or told us that it was his first time. (I've seen it happen).

We should really loosen up a bit. Help new players when they do something wrong; sending them to the MOTD or just tell them the most important rules. That  would help a lot already, and maybe give us more fun players to play with.

We need to try inviting new players to the forums. When you ban them add something like 'if you think this ban was invalid, go to catgc.com and make an unban appeal' (when it is a long ban; 3 days or so) so they know what to do if actually want to continue playing on this server and actually want to improve themselves for it.

Stop permbanning people for 'excessive RDM'. What is excessive RDM? What if someone permbans someone for 8 RDMs and calls it 'excessive' and one does the same for 15 RDMs. Be more specific in these type of bans, because a perm ban is pretty much the same as forever. Staff members tend to give out permbans way too easily. Also, especially in those type of bans you should mention the fact that we have a forum where they can try and get themselves unbanned.

I hope everyone takes the time to actually read this and to improve as a staff member.

- Owen and Noomie ;)
« Last Edit: 26.08.2014 18:32:05 by Noomie »

Corkus

Re: Rule 16.
« Reply #1 on: 26.08.2014 20:20:09 »
I'd honestly say it's more often that staff members are too busy jerking around or AFKing than giving harsh punishments.

What i'm trying to say is, giving out punishments for every single mistake is better than not doing shit.
 8)

Offline Другарю Рийл_Дийл

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Donated: 6€
« Reply #2 on: 26.08.2014 20:26:26 »
I can start an arguement about part of the rule.
If a player has been reported but afterwards he makes an invalid response for example "you were a traitor", etc. I can't be forgiving about such situations. That means the guy is being unserious with the situation and deserves his punishment.
The responses with "sorry" are countless. That's something we can't miss. I've got tired of getting such responses as the player may think he can get away with his punishment like that. So I just let the player who reported to decide his punishment.
About new players: There can be a lot of definitions of "new player". It can be new player to the server, to the game, we can't be sure. We can't even be sure if he's new players or not since it can't be seen immediately. If it's either somebody who's joining to ruin a person's fun, it's obvious we can't be forgiving in such situations.
I think the player who submits a report deserves the right answer and wants the valid reason for him being killed. Immediately when I see somebody making excessing rdm even when he is new, I'm sorry, he had time to read the rules while the screen was loading.
If you are just finding a way to not deal with the reports by forcing us to be more forgiving, that won't lead in a good result.

• Donator
  • Confirmed Turtle
    • View Profile
  • Donated: 5€
« Reply #3 on: 26.08.2014 20:35:48 »
Well actually you should explain what the player did wrong in the warning (if it is a new player on the server)

Pyjak

« Reply #4 on: 26.08.2014 20:42:44 »
"Send them to MOTD" Sure, if they would listen, but they (some of them) don't even reply in chat...

Offline Delusian

• Donator+
  • If this is Personal, then why can everyone see it?
    • View Profile
  • Donated: 20€
« Reply #5 on: 26.08.2014 20:58:34 »
I agree with with Real Deal atm. I saw tons of reports saying "I'm sorry" and then I didn't warn him, and one round later he would rdm some other guy.

Offline Naomie Smalls

• The Queen of England.
  • Founder
    • View Profile
  • Donated: COUNTLESH HOUSH OF THANKLESH WOKESH. I RESIGNESH CUZ TOO MUCH WOKESH. WEBSITESH TOO BUSESH
« Reply #6 on: 26.08.2014 21:09:17 »
I can start an arguement about part of the rule.
If a player has been reported but afterwards he makes an invalid response for example "you were a traitor", etc. I can't be forgiving about such situations. That means the guy is being unserious with the situation and deserves his punishment.
The responses with "sorry" are countless. That's something we can't miss. I've got tired of getting such responses as the player may think he can get away with his punishment like that. So I just let the player who reported to decide his punishment.
About new players: There can be a lot of definitions of "new player". It can be new player to the server, to the game, we can't be sure. We can't even be sure if he's new players or not since it can't be seen immediately. If it's either somebody who's joining to ruin a person's fun, it's obvious we can't be forgiving in such situations.
I think the player who submits a report deserves the right answer and wants the valid reason for him being killed. Immediately when I see somebody making excessing rdm even when he is new, I'm sorry, he had time to read the rules while the screen was loading.
If you are just finding a way to not deal with the reports by forcing us to be more forgiving, that won't lead in a good result.

You didn't read it well enough. I never said giving 'sorry' as an answer to a report gives you the right to not punish them. I literally meant; There was a guy who explained why he killed the person he got reported by and apologized in real chat. One of the admins (no idea who) warned and slayed him anyways. What? Why would you do that? Slaying alright, but warning? As if he doesn't already understand what he did wrong. He made a mistake, but the admin didn't even care I bet.
Also giving you guys a reason to not deal with reports wouldn't be needed, because when the last round was over and I checked the reports after being afk for writing this, there was 8 waiting reports and 4 mods who didn't give a shit.
But anyways, do we want the players in the server to improve or do we just want to ban them? Sure, they might've been too lazy to read the rules, but admins are there to make them understand the rules, it's a part of the work. I've seen it happen too often that people knew what they did wrong, apologized, but still got a warn and a slay, which in my opinion then would be too harsh if he just made a mistake.

Of course report answers like 'sorry' and 'you were traitor' aren't to be taken seriously, but that isn't the topic we're talking about in this topic at all.

And also Pyjak, if you tell them 'Please go to the !MOTD and read (rule he broke)' they most likely take the effort to. Depends on how you ask of course.

• Donator
  • Confirmed Turtle
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 26.08.2014 21:11:24 »
The point of punishment is not to let people suffer.
They point of it is to make people learn.

Offline Bush

• Filthy Peasant
  • Donated: Nothing because he is a greedy fuck.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 26.08.2014 21:14:41 »
Fixed that 4 ya

Offline Naomie Smalls

• The Queen of England.
  • Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 26.08.2014 21:17:09 »
The point of it is to make people learn.

Offline Bush

• Filthy Peasant
  • Donated: Nothing because he is a greedy fuck.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 26.08.2014 21:19:44 »
The point of it is to make people learn.

• Donator
  • Confirmed Turtle
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 26.08.2014 21:20:03 »
Fixed that 4 ya

Thanks bush.
Was totally useful.

Pyjak

« Reply #12 on: 26.08.2014 21:40:01 »
Well, whoever wrote sorry, I asked the guy who reported him, if he accepts the apology. If he did, then I didn't punish him. If he didn't, I punished him.

And also Pyjak, if you tell them 'Please go to the !MOTD and read (rule he broke)' they most likely take the effort to. Depends on how you ask of course.
Because when a guy is ghosting that will totally help.

Offline Naomie Smalls

• The Queen of England.
  • Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 26.08.2014 21:43:20 »
Well, whoever wrote sorry, I asked the guy who reported him, if he accepts the apology. If he did, then I didn't punish him. If he didn't, I punished him.

Because when a guy is ghosting that will totally help.

Ghosting is different than RDMing isn't it

Offline WiewManger

• Personal text ☑
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 27.08.2014 08:17:13 »
Only staff have to be forgiving?
 ;D ;D muahhahahaahah

Well staff don't always have to be that much of forgiving because players could forgive the rdm-er and not report him.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal