28.03.2024 23:41:48

Author Topic: _A_Casual_N00b_ - Deathrun  (Read 4020 times)

Offline _A_Casual_N00b_

• Donator+
    • View Profile
  • Donated: 20€
_A_Casual_N00b_ - Deathrun
« on: 27.09.2014 11:19:59 »
Well hello there!

IGN: _A_Casual_N00b_
ID: STEAM_0:0:50393747
Intro: http://catgc.com/index.php?topic=751.0

I'm writing this application, while only having 8 hours of gameplay on my current steam ID, but I have the trusted rank on the Deathrun server. I understand that I do not meet the gameplay time requirement, but I hope that you could make a exception.

Garry's Mod is a game. That is what it's always been, that is how it will always be. But to some of us, it has reached deeper into us. CaTGC has united people from around the world into this community. Some groups hate others, some groups band together. Letting these groups scrape and spark with each other is destructive for them and the community as a whole.

Being a moderator isn't just telling people "You do this. You did that, now you do this.". Being a moderator isn't just "oh ha ha I have a crown so go kill yourself.". Being a moderator isn't even "Lawl, xteleto. Fun fun fun."

The job of a moderator isn't just to discipline. The job of a moderator is to push the community to it's limits. Not to push it backwards, but to pull it forwards. Disciplining those that damage the game is important, but that's not the role of a moderator. It's to help in the community, in every way.

That being said, there are a few characteristics that should help me, as a person fulfill the job as a moderator. First of all, I'm a community person. I enjoy working with people and giving back to the community. In the past year, I had undertaken several large projects for both entertainment and to return to this community. Many guides were released, countless bugs were found, the helping hand was extended to those that needed it. This quality is especially useful when dealing with those that require assistance, such as the new people that we are forever attempting to lure into this. When I throw my energy into a project, I push until it is at it's maximum potential.

Another advantage that I have over other applicants is my previous experience with managing people. In the past year, I founded alot of clans, groups and community's along my journey, organization, discipline, and helping others have fun were all parts of it's success. I feel that it has given me a hint of an experience of a moderator, which helps me ease into the role. Many of the roles that a moderator has - helper, enforcer, and event-holder were introduced to me through managing these groups.

I am by no means a perfect person. I have responded to criticism with demeaning and sarcastic comments. I understand that being a moderator means dealing with a lot of hate and backlash. In general though, I have the excellent ability to remain cordial when confronted with emotion. When dealing with conflict the best solution is simple: defuse the tension and let the two parties communicate in an open, inviting way. Following the rules and making sure others follow them is important, but there is a difference between simply enforcing them and trying to leave everybody happy while keeping the law.

Thanks for reading.
Casual ~
« Last Edit: 27.09.2014 11:52:18 by _A_Casual_N00b_ »

Offline WaCco^

• View Profile
Re: _A_Casual_N00b_ - Deathrun
« Reply #1 on: 27.09.2014 15:15:38 »
Well how can you be trusted in DR that i have never seen you playing on DR and your"e already asking for mod place cmon... and trusted is being given after like 3days of playtime in DR and your"e telling that you have only 8h lifetime on gmod. Your"e introduction was just a quick one (necessary for mod app)...and i think we have enough mods on Deathrun so -1 from me!

Offline Naomie Smalls

• The Queen of England.
  • Founder
    • View Profile
  • Donated: COUNTLESH HOUSH OF THANKLESH WOKESH. I RESIGNESH CUZ TOO MUCH WOKESH. WEBSITESH TOO BUSESH
« Reply #2 on: 27.09.2014 15:54:10 »
Did you read the staff app guidelines? It says read before posting

Offline Stavik

• Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 27.09.2014 17:01:36 »
I have to deny you at this time, I'd suggest you to get more than 8 hours of playtime before applying for staff, after all 3 days is required just to get the trusted rank, which you don't even have in-game.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal