28.03.2024 23:51:59

Poll

Are you interested?

Yes
No
I don't own Rust

Author Topic: Running Rust Server  (Read 18500 times)

Offline Lincoln

• View Profile
Running Rust Server
« on: 28.05.2015 22:11:35 »
Simply wondering if people here would be interested in joining and playing Rust, that could possibly be hosted on Bluestar's server?

Offline Другарю Рийл_Дийл

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Donated: 6€
Re: Running Rust Server
« Reply #1 on: 28.05.2015 22:15:08 »
Hosting a server would be tremendous! I've always waited for more players I could cooperate with in building our own Перестройка.

Offline Lincoln

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 28.05.2015 22:24:13 »
Glad to hear. We'll test it on Bluestar's gaming rig right away - if it works out fine, it will be hosted on the server.

Offline Lincoln

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 28.05.2015 22:46:24 »
Join for testing 84.52.56.66:27015

While in the main menu hit F1 and type "connect" before the IP.

Offline Bluestar

• Server Maintenance
  • Founder
  • Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 29.05.2015 01:30:02 »
catgc.com:28015 <- Ip

Offline Explod1ngCake

• Donator
  • Bitch,i'm grumpy so don't judge me.
    • View Profile
  • Donated: 5€
« Reply #5 on: 29.05.2015 13:04:51 »
I was thinking about Rust yesterday, is it worth to buy?
Come to the dark side,we have cookies :3

Offline Stavik

• Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 29.05.2015 13:09:32 »
If I could, I'd want my money back for it, back when I bought it, the game was really enjoyable, I think I got around 100 hours in it. One day they decided to remove the zombies, okay the game was less enjoyable now, but still good enough. Then they decided to change the engine the game ran on, they remade the game and it's nothing like the game I played and enjoyed, you might like it though, but it's a big piece of trash that'll probably never get finished in my opinion.

Offline Другарю Рийл_Дийл

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Donated: 6€
« Reply #7 on: 29.05.2015 15:39:52 »
If I could, I'd want my money back for it, back when I bought it, the game was really enjoyable, I think I got around 100 hours in it. One day they decided to remove the zombies, okay the game was less enjoyable now, but still good enough. Then they decided to change the engine the game ran on, they remade the game and it's nothing like the game I played and enjoyed, you might like it though, but it's a big piece of trash that'll probably never get finished in my opinion.
It was a piece of trash at the first place and that's the reason for changing to Unity 5. Now it's far more better.

Offline Honky Donk

• Donator
  • cake~
    • View Profile
  • Donated: 5€
« Reply #8 on: 29.05.2015 15:44:58 »
The game isn't finished.
Don't get you expectations up high.

Offline Stavik

• Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 29.05.2015 15:48:47 »
It was a piece of trash at the first place and that's the reason for changing to Unity 5. Now it's far more better.
you forgot to say "in my opinion".

Offline Bang

• Administrator
  • Murderon
    • View Profile
  • Donated: 195€
« Reply #10 on: 29.05.2015 16:12:44 »
I liked Rust in the start, did they add anything to replace the zombies?
To me, laws of physics is merely a suggestion

Offline Stavik

• Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 29.05.2015 16:27:41 »
I liked Rust in the start, did they add anything to replace the zombies?
red bears and wolves that take like 10 pistol bullets to kill, instead of the usual 1-2 bullets you could use on zombies.

Offline Lincoln

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 29.05.2015 17:24:22 »
There's legacy version of Rust, that is no longer being updated and then there's the "new" version of Rust that we are currently hosting.

I didn't really like the zombies in the legacy, cause there was too many of them scattered around the map. You've spent a lot of of your game time just escaping from them, which got really annoying imo.

In the "new" Rust, the game has turned more into "Player vs Player" survival, rather than escaping from teleporting AI all the time. There are still aggressive mobs in the game, such as wolves and bears.

I really like the changes that they made in the new Rust, especially in the constructing of your house/base field.

Dessi

« Reply #13 on: 29.05.2015 17:27:47 »
Rust in it's current state is pretty good, just a lot of grinding after recipes in the beginning before you can make a somewhat good base as well as raid other's bases.

The old version of Rust was shit compared to the current one in all aspects.

I'd be up for a Rust server, then I can raid and kill people.

Offline Stavik

• Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 29.05.2015 17:35:28 »
I never saw the zombies as dangerous, now what is dangerous are a group of people, they don't team up with anyone, they always have 3-4 people online, and they aim to become gods on the server, this and hackers that can just tp, aimbot etc.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal