28.03.2024 16:38:10

Author Topic: Hello, Thank you.  (Read 7890 times)

Offline Terrien

• View Profile
Hello, Thank you.
« on: 17.05.2014 23:54:51 »
I just want to say before i leave the community that the syGC was a great time and a great TTT server.
The current server will probly stay awesome aswell.

But i played there for roughly 10 mins today (Big shoutout to Caz) who showed me the way back to the old guys. But i was dissapointed... there wasnt even 1 min without spam from admins (Sound playing)
It felt like the admins was just playing to much with their admin functions on the server.

So i wont be playing on the servers anymore, i was already annoyed to bits on the old servers.
I doubt anyone will miss me anyway but the server that used to be awesome has become dull and to much admin shit going on.

Thanks again for the awesome times over at syGC the community.

Good luck with the new catGC!

Terrien OUT.

Offline Другарю Рийл_Дийл

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Donated: 6€
Re: Hello, Thank you.
« Reply #1 on: 18.05.2014 00:02:37 »
Never forget.                                       

Offline Junkerd

• Still here! Wait no?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 18.05.2014 00:28:35 »
Ya to be honest, there was a lot of spam today that shouldn't have been there, and isn't there normally, that was just a bad time to be there.
And as it was there were no ''guests'' there, simply because there was being sounds spammed left and right, which i felt was very annoying too and ended up leaving the server later.

I understand that it may have been a ''one time'' only sorta thing, but it most certainly went too far and shouldn't happen again.

Islu

« Reply #3 on: 18.05.2014 00:32:09 »
But i was dissapointed... there wasnt even 1 min without spam from admins (Sound playing)
It felt like the admins was just playing to much with their admin functions on the server.

I am not going to point any fingers here, but I totaly agree with Terrien here. I have talked to Akiz about limiting the Sound Command before, but that didn't help since people still use it.

(I've also tried to talk to the people abusing this command, but my opinion isn't that higly rated amonst those who do spam)
« Last Edit: 18.05.2014 00:35:01 by Islu »

iamyou2be

« Reply #4 on: 18.05.2014 00:48:46 »
Agreed.

Spamming sounds is stupid, playing sounds can be fun once, although I don't think it's funny even once, just annoying and painful to my brain and ears.

I really hope they restrict it so people who doesn't understand no one enjoys constant rape of ears won't abuse it.

Offline Junkerd

• Still here! Wait no?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 18.05.2014 00:59:32 »
It not a matter of removing it from certain ranks, it is matter of doing something about the people who abuse it too much, and possibly demoting/removing them from staff.

I don't want to go and point a finger at the person that did all of this tonight, but as far as I saw when I was on the server, it was only one person spamming sounds throughout the 30 minutes when I was there.
« Last Edit: 18.05.2014 01:22:58 by Junkerd »

Offline Bluestar

• Server Maintenance
  • Founder
  • Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 18.05.2014 05:58:24 »
It not a matter of removing it from certain ranks, it is matter of doing something about the people who abuse it too much, and possibly demoting/removing them from staff.

I don't want to go and point a finger at the person that did all of this tonight, but as far as I saw when I was on the server, it was only one person spamming sounds throughout the 30 minutes when I was there.

I could possibly remove sounds from all staff but then everyone will be pissed at me again...

Offline Mahrin

• Donator+
    • View Profile
  • Donated: Countless hours of thankless work.
« Reply #7 on: 18.05.2014 09:25:33 »
just limit it to admins and higher.
Aye siwmae, and a good day to you

Offline Junkerd

• Still here! Wait no?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 18.05.2014 12:55:35 »
just limit it to admins and higher.
This wouldn't have helped in this situation in anyway, and I may be revealing who it is, by saying this, but the person doing in was a Head Admin and therefore limiting it to admins and higher wouldn't have made a damn difference

I could possibly remove sounds from all staff but then everyone will be pissed at me again...
And if you do that you are punishing other people for one persons doing, which was why we got mad last time, because last time it was 2 people spamming sounds over and over, one of them being a High Staff (as it was called back then).
Punish the person doing it, instead of punishing everybody else. 

Offline Adolf Hipster

• Honourable
  • Donator
    • View Profile
  • Donated: 5€; Life
« Reply #9 on: 18.05.2014 13:24:35 »
It not a matter of removing it from certain ranks, it is matter of doing something about the  who abuse it too much, and possibly demoting/removing them from staff.

Blue pls, it's your server. You're in charge, do whatever you think is right. Ban all staff
Signatures suks

Offline Dr. Deltality

• Dafuq am I supposed to write here?
    • View Profile
  • Donated: 10€
« Reply #10 on: 02.07.2014 10:38:07 »
Just keep an eye on staff and take the sound playing ability from those, who abuse it too much. You don't need to take away all the rights.

Offline The Doctor

• Trust me I'm the Doctor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 30.07.2014 16:16:16 »
You will not be forgotten dear basement camper.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal