28.03.2024 12:18:11

Author Topic: [Complaint] Your average "Trusted" person?  (Read 16304 times)

Offline Bang

• Administrator
  • Murderon
    • View Profile
  • Donated: 195€
[Complaint] Your average "Trusted" person?
« on: 29.09.2014 19:08:22 »
I am going to make a complaint about the mentality (and IQ?) of your average Trusted person playing TTT. Multiple times have I acted as I used to do, based on evidence and facts to deal with a situation.
A few times the reports I have been getting to me were all trash talk and grief from little kids.
I kill him and he reports me like this.

This is one of them.

I will explain the situation clearly here because he left in anger before I could explain it to him in detail about the situation I reacted to.

Originaldoge was "shooting" at his traitor buddy who just killed an innocent, he did not kill this traitor buddy, stopped shooting, reloaded and walked away like nothing had happened. No call outs, no vocal "THAT GUY IS A TRAITOR" he had been very vocal the entire round. Fact 1
I shoot him, I see the damage from my weapon is reduced (body armor). Fact 2
He calls out "I am being RDMed (before he knew it was me, could it not have been a traitor?) Fact 3

I originally responded to the rdm report that he killed the guy and did not intend to check his body, but that was the other guy I killed that did not report me, which is why I left out that part.

Now back on topic, the RDM reports I get at me are fulled of verbal abuse from minor children and I think it needs to be addressed properly. All these leet yolo fuck you kids running around being a "Trusted" rank but gives the server a very unplayable atmosphere.

"You shit fuck that was RDM" "Fuck you that was RDM" "You had no proof you retard" And some as simple as "FUCK YOU RDM"

These come from people who actually have trusted on the server, which kinda bums me out from actually coming back to play.
To me, laws of physics is merely a suggestion

Offline Explod1ngCake

• Donator
  • Bitch,i'm grumpy so don't judge me.
    • View Profile
  • Donated: 5€
Re: [Complaint] Your average "Trusted" person?
« Reply #1 on: 29.09.2014 19:28:43 »
I agree there has been tons of times when i get rdmed and people answer like ''hahahahaha'' and ''too bad 4 you'' there should be added a rule or something about how to make proper reports.It just gets annoying when people think just because you are trusted you are like the king of fucking everything,rules still apply to you.For instance i always tell people that you have to write more in a report
« Last Edit: 29.09.2014 19:33:35 by Explod1ngCake »
Come to the dark side,we have cookies :3

Offline Explod1ngCake

• Donator
  • Bitch,i'm grumpy so don't judge me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 29.09.2014 19:29:23 »
I agree there has been tons of times when i get rdmed and people answer like ''hahahahaha'' and ''too bad 4 you'' there should be added a rule or something about how to make proper reports.It just gets annoying when people think just because you are trusted you are like the king of fucking everything,rules still apply to you.
Oh,wait there is a rule about creating a proper report,then we need guidelines or something
Come to the dark side,we have cookies :3

Offline akiz

• View Profile
  • Donated: 8€
« Reply #3 on: 29.09.2014 19:37:46 »
Stavik just updated ttt ranks guidelines as seen here:
http://catgc.com/index.php?topic=542.0

I promote everyone to complaint trusted as of now, how you can do it you can see in this old topic (you don't have to fill the form fully (if you're unable to write at one punctum), but appeal basics from it):
http://catgc.com/index.php?topic=363.0
« Last Edit: 29.09.2014 19:40:22 by akiz »

• Donator
  • Confirmed Turtle
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 29.09.2014 21:16:52 »
People write stuff like this becouse they get mad and angry when they get killed and thinking it was RDM.
So they leave out some anger inside the report.
And this leads to that the report is a false report and basicly shouldn't be threathed by the staff.

Offline Bang

• Administrator
  • Murderon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 29.09.2014 22:08:46 »
When I was moderator we enforced the rules for people to make proper RDM reports.
We had constant reports of "RDM" without any explanation and the replies was "Haha no!"
I think it was made a rule as well, but it's not enforced anymore.
Take kids by the neck and set the straight.

People playing and using the RDM report system (That are trusted) should at least be able to write a proper report and be calm about it. It is much easier to not make admins biased if you write a proper report, example;
1. "Watsuda came into the room, saw me standing there by a C4 that I had defused but shot me before he realized I had defused it"
2. "WATSUDA RDM ME NO PROOF PROFANITY!"

Now the second one doesn't really trigger my empathy.
Punishments are based on both reports and response.

1. "I am sorry, I came into the room and thought you placed that C4 and shot you before I realized"
2. "I SAW YOU PLANT THAT C4 PROFANITY!
1:1 Works fine, any combination of number 2 would make me want to kick that person using it, it is hard to not be biased when the people are illiterate and angry in reports. Of course they are mad, but for a third part (the staff) to judge you should be calm and decent in your language so that it happens correctly.
« Last Edit: 29.09.2014 22:23:02 by Bang »

• Donator
  • Confirmed Turtle
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 29.09.2014 22:13:49 »
I would first time say that they should write a proper report. And the other times I would warn for false report and then deal with the report.

Offline DiivZe

• Donator+
  • The Silver Elite
    • View Profile
  • Donated: 23€
« Reply #7 on: 29.09.2014 22:45:34 »
Even when I was Head Admin. I was wondering why some people had "Trusted".

Offline Naomie Smalls

• The Queen of England.
  • Founder
    • View Profile
  • Donated: COUNTLESH HOUSH OF THANKLESH WOKESH. I RESIGNESH CUZ TOO MUCH WOKESH. WEBSITESH TOO BUSESH
« Reply #8 on: 29.09.2014 23:23:45 »
I feel you Bang. I so many times disagreed with people becoming Trusted because I know how immature they are, but apparently because 'they are nice' they get Trusted rank. Trusted isn't for just being nice, it should actually be a bit hard to get, luckily Stavik changed the requirements now. I can go demote some people.

I do think having less than 3 warns is pretty harsh. If you played on the server for like 1/2 weeks and have 4 warns there's no way to fix this. Either make a way to fix warnings or make an exceptional rule please.
« Last Edit: 29.09.2014 23:26:34 by Noomie »

Offline Bang

• Administrator
  • Murderon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 30.09.2014 02:01:49 »
As long as ranks can be given and taken I am happy, people need to be put in their place.

Offline Bastard

• Founder
  • [Banned]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 21.11.2018 13:22:13 »
calm down bang
The Ultimate Lucky BAstert xD

Offline Stavik

• Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 21.12.2018 21:06:00 »
Bang you absolute mad lad  :o

Offline Bastard

• Founder
  • [Banned]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 22.12.2018 15:45:52 »
The last post in this thread was a month old, Stavik. I would really appreciate if you didn't dig up old threads. It's common etiquette.
The Ultimate Lucky BAstert xD

Offline Bluestar

• Server Maintenance
  • Founder
  • Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 22.12.2018 20:25:45 »
The last post in this thread was a month old, Stavik. I would really appreciate if you didn't dig up old threads. It's common etiquette.

Oh my Watsuda, arguing with headstaff might get you banned!

Offline YoloMuffins

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 27.12.2018 21:18:53 »
Well hello there

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal