29.03.2024 01:36:11

Author Topic: "We are all the liars" paradox  (Read 8869 times)

Offline SCP-687

• King-Supporter
  • Administrator
  • The cake is a lie.
    • View Profile
  • Donated: 1101€
"We are all the liars" paradox
« on: 23.10.2016 20:13:05 »
If we are telling only the truth, my statement (1) will tell us that we are all the liars, so I am a liar too. So we are all not the liars (2). So we are the liars, etc. This is an endless loop.

Did you see mismatches? Yes, about it... Actually this statement's origin is Crete, what is in Greece (3).

What I think about it (you... still not sleeping?)? Epimenides just told "liars". He didn't tell what liars. So he could mean "complete liars" or "not complete liars". But. Only if we are partly the liars, this statement becomes real. Cause even if this statement is made by some liar (4), it will mean that we are partly telling the truth.

Might be interesting (those numbers inside square brackets [5]):

1) It's not my statement.
2) We are the liars.
3) It's not the original statement.
4) This number is pointing out the truth (Deceived. Everyday.). I was telling some lies.
5) Only this number is inside square brackets, others are inside round ones.

So. Are you the liars? I know that you are but...
« Last Edit: 24.10.2016 17:41:34 by SCP-687 »
Cracked by the Timelordz.

NOIR: a hardboiled adventure by ██████████ Games.  Copyright 198█.

Offline ps3-sensei

• if nothing works then ask Stalin
    • View Profile
Re: "We are all the liars" paradox
« Reply #1 on: 23.10.2016 21:58:49 »
deep stuff keep it up :^)

Offline akiz

• View Profile
  • Donated: 8€
« Reply #2 on: 24.10.2016 18:39:54 »
hey banana man why do you write these interesting words in this beautiful and marvelous forum. Did you  know Apothedes the know barbarian king and ruler of all nations was incredibly geniune? No, because I made it up. In fact, I made up the previous three sentences in just 40 seconds. Incredible, huh? Well, it's called brain power. I'm not talking about your casual meme like going AAAAAAAAAEEEEEEEEOUYAYAYAYa like in that japanese song, but marvelous thing that lives inside your head and steals your oxygen in exchange of ability to think like no other mammal or even creature would. It's like a pact created by you and the being that does the thinking but never thinks for himself. Is that deep? Partly, yes, but what I find deep is nothing. You might tell that the ocean is deep, however when we look at the space we only see that ocean is nothing that represents deepness.  Following my statements, it's really time for me to dig deep. Like that one song that was made by Freddie Gibbs, but it's name is not "Deep", instead, it is titled "Deeper". And I gotta say, the song I mentioned is lyrically deeper than random nonsense I just wrote in 4 minutes.
wtf
« Last Edit: 24.10.2016 20:58:23 by akiz »

Offline Dr. Deltality

• Dafuq am I supposed to write here?
    • View Profile
  • Donated: 10€
« Reply #3 on: 24.10.2016 18:48:24 »
i like chicken

Offline SCP-687

• King-Supporter
  • Administrator
  • The cake is a lie.
    • View Profile
  • Donated: 1101€
« Reply #4 on: 24.10.2016 19:23:25 »
hey banana man why do you write these interesting words in this beautiful and marvelous forum. Did you  know Apothedes the know barbarian king and ruler of all nations was incredibly geniune? No, because I made it up. In fact, I made up the previous three sentences in just 40 seconds. Incredible, huh? Well, it's called brain power. I'm not talking about your casual meme like going AAAAAAAAAEEEEEEEEOUYAYAYAYa like in that japanese song, but marvelous thing that lives inside your head and steals your oxygen in exchange of ability to think like no other mammal or even creature would. It's like a pact created by you and the being that does the thinking but never thinks for himself. Is that deep? Partly, yes, but what I find deep is nothing. You might tell that the ocean is deep, however when we look at the space we only see that ocean is nothing that represents deepness.  Following my statements, it's really time for me to dig deep. Like that one song make Freddie Gibbs, but it's name is not "Deep", but it's "Deeper". And I gotta say, lyrically it's deeper than random nonsense I just wrote in 4 minutes.
wtf
Lol, those words I wrote in topic just came into my mind. Then I found out that this is not the exact quote. So before reading numbers' meanings usual reader can think this is all the truth what I'm saying (cause words have some small peaces of logic, readers' brain can turn off). Even if he understands that numbers mean lies, here is a trick at number 4 (first 3 were lies, so why nr 4 shouldn't be?).

Nothing, just disinformation. But it still works :-P
Cracked by the Timelordz.

NOIR: a hardboiled adventure by ██████████ Games.  Copyright 198█.

Offline ps3-sensei

• if nothing works then ask Stalin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 25.10.2016 00:09:48 »
hey banana man why do you write these interesting words in this beautiful and marvelous forum. Did you  know Apothedes the know barbarian king and ruler of all nations was incredibly geniune? No, because I made it up. In fact, I made up the previous three sentences in just 40 seconds. Incredible, huh? Well, it's called brain power. I'm not talking about your casual meme like going AAAAAAAAAEEEEEEEEOUYAYAYAYa like in that japanese song, but marvelous thing that lives inside your head and steals your oxygen in exchange of ability to think like no other mammal or even creature would. It's like a pact created by you and the being that does the thinking but never thinks for himself. Is that deep? Partly, yes, but what I find deep is nothing. You might tell that the ocean is deep, however when we look at the space we only see that ocean is nothing that represents deepness.  Following my statements, it's really time for me to dig deep. Like that one song that was made by Freddie Gibbs, but it's name is not "Deep", instead, it is titled "Deeper". And I gotta say, the song I mentioned is lyrically deeper than random nonsense I just wrote in 4 minutes.
wtf
dude you;re my hero

Offline Naomie Smalls

• The Queen of England.
  • Founder
    • View Profile
  • Donated: COUNTLESH HOUSH OF THANKLESH WOKESH. I RESIGNESH CUZ TOO MUCH WOKESH. WEBSITESH TOO BUSESH
« Reply #6 on: 25.10.2016 00:13:57 »
wtf

Offline Ninjapirka

• ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 28.10.2016 23:49:04 »
Wat

Offline Bastard

• Founder
  • [Banned]