27.04.2024 11:55:09

Author Topic: Cry thread  (Read 42298 times)

Offline Bastard

• Founder
  • [Banned]
    • View Profile
Re: Cry thread
« Reply #45 on: 27.04.2015 15:11:25 »
Fair point...

The fuck, Deltality. I can recall at least three times either I or some other person you don't like has told you the same exact thing, but apparently how fair a point is depends on your pre-made opinion of the person making it, huh? You don't receive money from the state for nothing. He is depressed or something like that. That is a mental illness. Of course he can fucking physically walk outside at any time he wants. But it's still extremely hard, and by the way you're talking, I'm pretty sure you've never experienced something like that.

"Asking a depressed guy why he isn't happy when there is so much to be happy about is like asking an asthmatic guy why he isn't just breathing normally when there is so much air to breathe"   -Some guy on the internet

To be fair, though: Maybe people would stop seeing DiivZe as "that guy who is depressed and gets money for being home all the time" if DiivZe would stop mentioning it all the time without being asked.

Also, uh, Stavik? One of the examples of you not understandin context is the fact that you don't know what Desy is talking about right now. ;)
The Ultimate Lucky BAstert xD

Offline Dr. Deltality

• Dafuq am I supposed to write here?
    • View Profile
  • Donated: 10€
« Reply #46 on: 27.04.2015 16:12:04 »
Depression is not a mental illness. It's just someone being unusually sad. Yeah, usually because of a tragic past event. And to be honest, I really am tired of fights and shit. I've been trying to stop. You sure as hell are a lot of help. Sure I get a little carried away like earlier today. My life isn't exactly a fun and flower parties either.

Offline Bastard

• Founder
  • [Banned]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 27.04.2015 16:23:47 »
If you're trying to get away from fights, then don't write posts that are nothing but hostile. Great job somehow trying to blame me for it.

I didn't want to write this post, but you made me do it.  :'(

Offline Другарю Рийл_Дийл

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Donated: 6€
« Reply #48 on: 27.04.2015 16:44:21 »
Fair point...
To be fair, though: Maybe people would stop seeing DiivZe as "that guy who is depressed and gets money for being home all the time" if DiivZe would stop mentioning it all the time without being asked.
In 7th-9th grade you're taught how to defend your argument (your native language & literature lessons or psychology and logic).
Your arguement is built in the following steps:
 - A premise (An assumption that something is true). In this case - DiivZe's mental issues and how he's getting subsidy from the state.
 - evidence (The strongest support of your argument giving you a chance to justify an assertion). So far we are not informed with a clear proof of his issues. I understand it's better if it's not shared on the Internet but that leaves misconception in the whole situation.
 - Conclusion (In short - summary). Still no sign of conclusion.

After all this time, DiivZe has been sharing that he has mental issues but utilized in the shoutbox or posts as seeking attention. I doubt his condition doesn't allow him to construct at least 2-3 sentences with a logical meaning and evidence.
What do I mean by "seeking attention"? He doesn't have anything else to do.
« Last Edit: 27.04.2015 16:47:49 by Другарю Рийл_Дийл »

Offline Bastard

• Founder
  • [Banned]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 27.04.2015 17:03:01 »
So what you're saying is that he's just being a faggot.

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 27.04.2015 17:16:33 »
So what you're saying is that he's just being a faggot.
That's not really what I'm trying to say. You said it yourself: He doesn't have to mention that he has mental issues that often. If so it's expected to give a valid reason.

Offline Bastard

• Founder
  • [Banned]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 27.04.2015 17:19:56 »
Oh, yeah, I agree with you on that. The best response that posts like his can get out of anyone would probably be something along the lines of "Uuuh, okay".

Offline Islu

• No.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 27.04.2015 19:29:53 »
Because I am sure it was a lot of work for Bethesda to add mod support, or for valve to add the pay feature for mods. Most people don't bitch about the fact they have to pay if they want certain mods, but the fact that most of the money doesn't even go to the creator of the mod.

Are you gonna complain to your local goverment (Or any other authority) about the unfair payment other volunteers get? Or other low income workers for that matter?

Why do you care about the precentage cut that a modder gets? Besides, they are making money from someone elses' work, thus it's reasonable that Bethesda who made the base game gets a cut. Valve gets a cut for provoding a platform, as well as the servers required to host the mods in question.

If you're actually a good coder, or map creator you will still get a decent chunk of money anyways. Take the Midas Magic mod by Xilverbullet. Most recently when I checked he had sold for a total of 1600€1, thus getting 400€ for himself along with working a full time job as I understood his situation. 400€ for something you previously made for free is real nice to have, even though it's only 25%. This was also in less than two days of the 'Pay for mods" feature was released.

Previously selling mods for money would have been illegal and ridden by DMCA claims by every corner, now it's legal, you can earn you share, but only if you stop whining.

1: If you assume everyone payed minium amount

P.S: I can provide statistics for this.
« Last Edit: 27.04.2015 19:45:51 by Islu »
No.

Offline Stavik

• Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 27.04.2015 19:44:41 »
Have you actually done some research, because I know I haven't. Are the mods on steam that you pay for tested before they are allowed to demand money for it, or can anyone do it, also what about mods that are game-breaking, would you get a refund for those, or would you simply pay for a broken mod?

Offline Islu

• No.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 27.04.2015 19:53:53 »
Have you actually done some research, because I know I haven't.

Oh boy. Yes, I have, read my edit. I can provide more recent statistics about the "Midas Magic" example that I gave. So, let's break it down. The mods minimum cost is at this moment 5.49€ and using the same page that I just linked, we can see that as of today, 27/4/2015 that a total of 635 people has purchased the mod. If you then assume that everyone paid the bare miniumum it adds up to a total of 3486.15€ (635*5.49) and seeing as the creator gets 25% he gets a total of 871€.

Answering the rest of your question however, there is a review system, you can always read before you purchase, if the mods breaks the game (As in incompatible) it's most likley your own fault seeing how the modding system can be a bit finiky and if you don't understand how mods interact you can either learn it, or you don't install mods for money. You also have a 24 hours period where you can refund a mod, no questions asked. Thus you can always get your money back if the mod in question is awful.

P.S: All the information is publicly available, it's actually free to educate yourself before you make a statment.

« Last Edit: 27.04.2015 19:57:53 by Islu »
No.

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 27.04.2015 19:54:28 »
Have you actually done some research, because I know I haven't. Are the mods on steam that you pay for tested before they are allowed to demand money for it, or can anyone do it, also what about mods that are game-breaking, would you get a refund for those, or would you simply pay for a broken mod?
Doesn't it say in the Q&A that you can get a refund in 24 hours after the purchase?

Offline DiivZe

• Donator+
  • The Silver Elite
    • View Profile
  • Donated: 23€
« Reply #56 on: 27.04.2015 20:19:01 »
Doesn't it say in the Q&A that you can get a refund in 24 hours after the purchase?
A refund that goes into your steam wallet...

Offline Islu

• No.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 27.04.2015 20:21:28 »

Most refunds on steam are handled this way, besides if you were willing to invest the money in steam in the first place, chances are that you were gonna spend them there anyways.
No.

Offline DiivZe

• Donator+
  • The Silver Elite
    • View Profile
  • Donated: 23€
« Reply #58 on: 27.04.2015 20:45:59 »

Most refunds on steam are handled this way, besides if you were willing to invest the money in steam in the first place, chances are that you were gonna spend them there anyways.
There is no where else to spend them, and steam knows this well.

Offline Dr. Deltality

• Dafuq am I supposed to write here?
    • View Profile
  • Donated: 10€
« Reply #59 on: 27.04.2015 20:48:08 »
Most games are a lot cheaper in retail stores.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal