28.03.2024 13:24:58

Author Topic: New rule.  (Read 6905 times)

Offline Naomie Smalls

• The Queen of England.
  • Founder
    • View Profile
  • Donated: COUNTLESH HOUSH OF THANKLESH WOKESH. I RESIGNESH CUZ TOO MUCH WOKESH. WEBSITESH TOO BUSESH
New rule.
« on: 26.06.2014 18:42:15 »
So, I think we might need a new rule on the server. a 'Think before you act' rule. It happens way too often that people RDM and their reason would be 'It looked like he was shooting someone'. It looked like it, didn't think about the possibility that he might've been shooting at the ground or the ceiling and RDM a (mostly innocent) person. And yes sometimes it's a mistake, but I've seen it happen too many times that people got killed right away for such a thing.
I know that it is a basic rule that everyone should understand, but since a couple of people joining the server don't see it the same way, it would be nice to have it in the MOTD as a reminder to think before you act, I figured.

Offline Leronez

• Donator+
  • Long live Carolus Rex
    • View Profile
  • Donated: 25€
Re: New rule.
« Reply #1 on: 26.06.2014 19:26:15 »
Even if a new rule was added I doubt people would follow it, most new people doesn't even read the rules sadly.

Offline DiivZe

• Donator+
  • The Silver Elite
    • View Profile
  • Donated: 23€
« Reply #2 on: 26.06.2014 20:18:49 »
If they dont lets give them a reason to read them!

Offline Naomie Smalls

• The Queen of England.
  • Founder
    • View Profile
  • Donated: COUNTLESH HOUSH OF THANKLESH WOKESH. I RESIGNESH CUZ TOO MUCH WOKESH. WEBSITESH TOO BUSESH
« Reply #3 on: 26.06.2014 21:03:00 »
indeed, we can just refer them to the MOTD, they might read it if we tell them to. And rules are there for the ones who do like to read them, it's not like noone does. I mean, why else do we have rules then?

Pyjak

« Reply #4 on: 26.06.2014 23:37:21 »
There is too much RDM going on TTT servers.
Someone could code an auto warning, that an administrator or a mod must approve. Basicly how it would work:
A guy named "Milkman" kills "Pyjak" and they are both innocent.
System recognises, who shot first (Milkman) and if player kills Pyjak, it puts out an auto warning, but mods and admins must approve it first.
Hope you understand, its kinda hard to explain :S.

Nightblade

« Reply #5 on: 26.06.2014 23:41:42 »
There is too much RDM going on TTT servers.
Someone could code an auto warning, that an administrator or a mod must approve. Basicly how it would work:
A guy named "Milkman" kills "Pyjak" and they are both innocent.
System recognises, who shot first (Milkman) and if player kills Pyjak, it puts out an auto warning, but mods and admins must approve it first.
Hope you understand, its kinda hard to explain :S.

reason there's alot of rdm is cuz gmod is 3 euros atm

Offline Leronez

• Donator+
  • Long live Carolus Rex
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 26.06.2014 23:44:13 »
indeed, we can just refer them to the MOTD, they might read it if we tell them to. And rules are there for the ones who do like to read them, it's not like noone does. I mean, why else do we have rules then?

They don't listen to us most of the time and I don't mean that the rule shouldn't be added, I was just saying.

• Donator
  • Confirmed Turtle
    • View Profile
  • Donated: 5€
« Reply #7 on: 26.06.2014 23:56:42 »

They don't listen to us most of the time and I don't mean that the rule shouldn't be added, I was just saying.

If they get warned/slain/kicked/banned they soon gona start to read the motd

Offline Leronez

• Donator+
  • Long live Carolus Rex
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 27.06.2014 00:19:13 »
You basically just repeated what Diivze said which I agree to but just telling them to read the MOTD doesn't work, warn works on a few, others just ignore the warns, however slay,kick and ban seems to work most of the time.

Stavik

« Reply #9 on: 27.06.2014 01:05:30 »
Didn't we use to have that rule? Yeah i agree, that rule should be in motd, even though it's something people shouldn't have to be told... If possible then what about when someone joins for the first time they need to read the motd then they'll get questions and they need to answer them correctly to get to play, then they won't need to do it till a new rule gets added. But yeah, since gmod is on sale so cheap there's so many people making new accounts and just dicking around on random servers with their friends, breaking rules and just trying to ruin everyone's day. It will get better a bit after the sale.

Offline Junkerd

• Still here! Wait no?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 27.06.2014 16:44:27 »
I thought this was rule #1

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal